Tuesday 23 December 2014

THE NEW YEAR BECKONS

I will take a short tech-blog break and ponder (hopefully philosophically) on the year in retrospect and for posterity sake (at the very least) put down in ink (or html, whichever you like) what my targets for the new year would be.

This year has been one of the most eventful years of my life. From participating in the Shell Eco-Marathon in Rotterdam to completing my final exams in the University of Lagos. There has never been a shortage of interesting activities which have occupied my time this year.

However, this post is not about the fine details about my accomplishments but an overview on what I have been able to achieve in 2014.

At the start of the start of the year, I wanted to be a more efficient person, more time conscious, more effective. I also wanted to "live a little" ( I have been accused of being too rigid). In retrospect I have found out that being a more efficient person is more than having TODO lists for every single day. I am still learning, will get there eventually.

I am an African and as such also very religious. This year however I got more spiritual and alot of that was as a result of joining Opus Dei.

I had an awesome year with awesome friends +David Emukpere +Paula Aliu +Abraham Imohiosen   and met new friends +Victor Adegboye, +omijie emmanuel osas

Most importantly however as the final curtain closes on the year, I have been challenged. There is no room to be inept, no room to be ineffective. There is only results. They speak louder than words. This challenge forms the basis on which my target for 2015 is based.

Whatever must be done this year, must be done with perfection. No excuses, none whatsoever. It's a long walk to freedom, but one which I would walk.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment